Monday, January 28, 2008

My Pocket


MyPocket


This project seems to reflect the ideas of net.art as I understand them most clearly. It takes the process of analyzing spending habits, a process that is happening constantly around the globe but is hardly noticed, and exposes it in a creative way. This says net.art to me because it uses technology and art to make a statement. I'm not sure that this statement is good or bad, is it good or bad to have our spending tracked, I geuss it depends on who is doing the tracking or who is being tracked.

This statement interested me: "Influenced by today's techno-cultural milieu, MYPOCKET presents a hybrid interface to a living physical/digital process."

Does net.art create interfaces in which to view our lives in all its glories and pitfalls, its excitement and mediochrity, just as any other art would except that it is expressed in this new world of code, unseen technology and software?

No comments: