Wednesday, January 23, 2008


http://www.shiftwork.org.uk/work/motion/index.html

related to shiftspace


The work on shiftspace and shiftwork uses dance, music, and video to create an atmosphere that is hard to describe. It can be uneasy at times but mostly beautiful in its interactions between the movement of the dancers interacting with the shape of the format in which they are presented. The user interaction is limited, which allows for maximum attention to be given to the flow and subtlety of its content. I am not particullarly a dance fan, but the availability of the work to be played in my own setting, at my own pace, and at my own discretion made dance more appealing to me. This aspect brings me to the realization of what interactive media can be, given the time to explore and given something interesting or mysterious to explore, the reaction of the viewer, and counter-action of the artist can be endless and gratifying for both.

No comments: