Tuesday, September 11, 2007


A summary of my approach to my first flash animation:

My subject matter was determined by the overall project of the aggrandizement of the matchbook. I chose a subject related to matchbooks and matches which is the disease of phossy jaw. The intent was to portray the description of the disease through typography, letting the words illustrate in their shape, size, and color, the emotion that should be carried over to the viewer. In reality what happened was that more concern was taken in getting the Flash elements to work properly and less attention was given to asthetics and more to getting all the required tweens and other such fun stuff. In the end I know what it needs, but have spent enough time on this project for now.

3 comments:

Youngblood said...

I'd like to see a little bit more than the ticker-tape animation; I know you mix it up a little, but it just feels a little to static otherwise. What I do like is the abstract flame that ignites: I believe this is the strongest part of the animation. Also, it is informative--hot damn, now I know what phossy jaw means!

Marc Aaron said...

Reflection on your project:
I really like the background and how you altered the match. I really like it when the match is lite and you show the smoke. The phrase is way to fast, so fast that it kind of flashes making it even harder to read.
I liked it very much.

Cat B. said...

testing 1 2 3